Nov'13 - Present
- Boot Camp Training to become a Full Stack Web Developer
- Created a 2-3 month intensive project based training program to improve the employability of recent graduates.
- Mentored students to build web applications using HTML, CSS, JS and a server side language.
- Helped students be better prepared for interviews by improving their communication, aptitude and reasoning skills.
- Automated Screening Tool for Employers
- Built tools to help employers quickly screen hundreds of candidates using assessment tests.
- Wrote tests to check for basic knowledge of software engineering skills.
- Worked on sales and marketing.
Nov'10 - Feb'13
Staff Software Engineer
- Launched hotel price ads on Google Search and on Google+ Local.
- Users can now see prices of hotels as well as book them while searching for hotels on Google.
May'10 - Nov'10
Staff Software Engineer
- Helped build the initial frontend infrastructure for Google+ with an eye for low latency.
Mar'08 - Mar'10
Technical Lead and Manager
- Held weekly one-on-one meetings with my team to help them with technical design, removing roadblocks, completing unfinished projects and career growth.
- Reduced initial login latency by more than 30%.
- Launched a read-only offline version of calendar using Google Gears.
- Many new features like tasks integration, BiDi support.
- Redesign of the calendar UI for better usability and maintainability.
'07 - Mar'10
- Led the team that developed and maintained the calendar GData and CalDAV APIs.
- Was consultant for many teams using the calendar APIs including Android sync, Active sync and Outlook sync.
- Worked with other companies and standards committee on improving the CalDAV API.
- Worked with Apple to ensure Google Calendar's CalDAV API works on iOS and Mac.
Jun'05 - Mar'08
- Integrated Google Calendar into Gmail. Automatically updated calendar on receiving email invitations in Gmail from Outlook and other calendaring systems. Made Gmail along with calendar iMip compliant (RFC 2447).
- Added the ability for users to respond to email invites within Gmail as well as create events.
- Added support for non-google calendar users.
- Support for various features like groups integration, public event search, quick add.
- Handled most of the operations duties right after our public launch including debugging production issues, scaling up to handle more users and creating a release process.
- Awarded a bonus for fixing a network code red caused by a bug in the RPC sub-system which resulted in millions of UDP packets being sent per second.
Sep'03 - May'05
Research and Teaching Assistant
- Designed provably optimal offline and online algorithms for bandwidth arbitration to minimize cost among multiple network providers for multi-homed systems and content distribution networks.
Jun'04 - Aug'04
Software Engineering Intern
- Developed automated regression testing tools for the packaging process used in creating Windows patches.
May'02 - Jul'02
Summer Research Intern
- Devised an algorithm for producing a schedule with minimum average execution time for an EPIC processor with infinite functional units.
- Glenn Alan Carroll, Carl Philip Sjogreen, David Marmaros and Harish Venkataramani awarded patent for Method, System, Graphical User Interface, and Data Structure for Creating Electronic Calendar Entries from Email Messages.
- Micah Adler, Ramesh Sitaraman, Harish Venkataramani, Algorithms for Optimizing Bandwidth Costs on the Internet, First IEEE Workshop on Hot Topics in Web Systems and Technologies, Boston, Massachusetts, USA. Nov. 13-14, 2006.
- Pradipta Ranjan Ray, Harish V , Sudeshna Sarkar and Anupam Basu, Part of Speech Tagging and Local Word Grouping Techniques for Natural Language Processing in Hindi, International Conference on Natural Language Processing'03, Mysore Dec. 19-21, 2003.